Monday, March 10, 2008

A really cool dream

So, I had a great dream. I haven't had a good, happy dream in two years. Really. They've all been about the same melancholy dreams until the last couple months when they started being "stress about the new kid" dreams. And then suddenly, my REM sleep cranks out a cool one. I was fighting the Phantom of the Opera! We were chasing each other up these ropes to the top of the Opera Garnier and fighting up there. Finally, I managed to knock him back so he ran away, but I was left hanging by my finger tips onto a bookshelf up near the ceiling, dangling over the opera. At the very end, I was looking at the shelf, trying to decide which book I should take as a souvenir of my fight, and wondering how much longer I could hold on. Then Steph woke me up. She said I was grunting and panting really loudly in my sleep, and she was afraid I was having a nightmare. I was rather glad she woke me though, or I might not have remembered it.
Ah, lovely.

2 comments:

Joanna Benskin said...

That is most amazing. I especially like the last part.

Last night I think I had a dream that my basil plant grew enormous. Once I had a dream that somehow a poem and cream soda were the same thing. I don't know how that worked.

Nathan Shank said...

only you could dream something like that, tim