Saturday, March 8, 2008

Introduction

So, I had to create a blog in order to post a comment on Nathan Shank's blog. I don't blog much, though I sometimes send email updates to my friends. Anyway, I thought I'd give it one more go. Then I had to think of something interesting to title it. So, after debating for ten minutes, then walking around my library and staring at the shelves, I finally came up with "Singing-Masters of my Soul" which line most of you can probably identify. If you can't, well, then I won't tell you, so you can have the fun of looking it up. But it's talking about who and what makes your soul go on even when your body is wearing out. In spite of the fact that I'm still young and in good health, I sincerely appreciate the "singing-masters," those who teach me what life and love and beauty are all about, considerably more than my physical existence. All those people who I love and value deeply--the ones who teach me and make me grow and make me want to be better than I am. Thanks.

2 comments:

Nathan Shank said...

ah -- tim! what excitement on finding you with a blog. Yeah, I don't find much to blog about either, but it's a nice way to stay connected.

Joanna Benskin said...

Ah, there you are! I was distressed that you didn't leave a link back from your comment on mine, but I found you from Nathan's. How's life?

There's also a new attempt at a shared blog for Scribblers, so you should check that out if you have a chance, and I'll add you so you can post if you like.

http://lendingourmindsout.blogspot.com/

It's good to see you again, Tim. :)